If someone from my family has fungal meningitis, am I at risk as well?
By: Shannon Blanchard, Esq.
Fungal meningitis is not contagious and cannot be transmitted from person to person.
Additional 2012 Meningitis Outbreak FAQs
- I think I received a contaminated steroid injection exposed to the fungus that has led to the meningitis infection, what do I do?
- How do I know if I have fungal meningitis?
- What states received the contaminated fungus Methylprednisolone Acetate (steroid) injection?
- How long does it take for fungal meningitis to develop?
- What are the signs and symptoms of fungal meningitis?
- How do I get diagnosed for fungal meningitis?
- What is fungal meningitis?