Celebrex Side Effects
Celebrex has recently been found to increase the risk of heart attack by a factor of 2.5 compared with older nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Common Celebrex side effects include cold-like symptoms (fever, sore throat, sneezing, cough), skin rash, swelling in the extremities.
Less common Celebrex side effects can include burning sensation in chest or stomach, chest congestion, diarrhea, decreased appetite, difficulty sleeping, flu-like symptoms (muscle aches, weakness, nausea, chills), stomach tenderness, indigestion, back pain, or runny nose.
Although these side effects are rare, they are known to happen. Contact your doctor immediately if you suffer from any of these side effects: anxiety, susceptibility to infection, constipation, breathing problems, breast problems, eye infection, cataract, dermatitis, diabetes, difficult urination, sweating, numb or tingling fingers or toes, ear infection, fungal infection, hepatitis, inflamed digestive tract or bladder, kidney stones, skin sensitivity or increased reaction to sunlight, tendonitis, hair loss, laryngitis, menstrual difficulties, herniated stomach, migraine, hypercholesterolemia, hyperglycemia, leg cramps, or nosebleeds.
Certain health conditions can put people at greater risk of the dangerous side effects associated with Celebrex. These conditions and side effects include:
- Allergic reactions to Celebrex mean that you should end treatment immediately. Contact your doctor immediately. People with allergies to Sulfonamides (sulfadiazine, sulfisoxazole, Gantanol, or Thiosulfil), other NSAIDs, carry a much higher risk of an allergic reaction to Celebrex. If you suffered a personal injury that could be linked with an allergic reaction to Celebrex, you may have a case. Contact a Celebrex attorney now!
- Anemia - Celebrex may trigger this condition in rare cases, and should be used cautiously by individuals with a prior history of this iron deficiency.
- Asthma - Celebrex could trigger an asthma attack. Make sure that your doctor closely monitors any adverse reaction. Asthmatics that are sensitive to Aspirin are at the highest risk for an allergic reaction to Celebrex.
- Dehydration - Due to the increased risk of kidney damage, people suffering from dehydration should not take Celebrex.
- Diabetics - are especially vulnerable to side effects, and should not take Celebrex.
- Heart problems - Long-term Celebrex treatment may cause renal toxicity and decreased blood flow to the heart. Patients with pre-existing heart conditions, liver problems, and those taking diuretics or angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are most likely to be affected. High blood pressure is also a possible side effect of this medication. Normal function may be restored when the patient stops taking Celebrex. If not, seek medical attention immediately. Then, contact a Celebrex lawyer. You may have a case.
- Kidney or liver impairment - Celebrex could aggravate or trigger these conditions. Kidney damage may also result from long-term use of Celebrex. Symptoms of liver problems include yellowing skin, pain to the right of your stomach, itchy skin, nausea, drowsiness, or other flu-like symptoms. Stop taking Celebrex and contact your doctor immediately if these conditions develop. If you are then diagnosed with a kidney or
liver problem, contact a Celebrex lawyer. You may have a case.
- Pregnancy - COX-2 inhibitors like Celebrex should not be taken in the last 3 months of pregnancy, and have not been studied for safety earlier in pregnancy. If you suffered a personal injury or your baby has a birth defect or has died from a cause that may be linked with your use of Celebrex, contact a Celebrex attorney as soon as possible. Any delays could adversely affect your case.
- Ulcer or Gastrointestinal (GI) Bleeding - Celebrex may cause or aggravate deterioration and bleeding in the GI tract. Active ulcers are a contraindication for treatment, so if your doctor prescribed Celebrex while you have an active ulcer and it was aggravated as a result, you may have a case against the manufacturer as well as the doctor and pharmacist who filled the prescription. Don't delay, contact a Celebrex attorney now!
- Water retention - Celebrex can aggravate any problems related to fluid retention such as heart failure, high blood pressure, or edema (swelling).
Have you suffered a personal injury that could be linked with your use of Celebrex? Have you been prescribed Celebrex with an at-risk condition like Asthma, diabetes, active ulcers, high blood pressure or heart disease? If your existing condition was further aggravated and made worse as a result of your regular use of Celebrex you could not only have a case against the manufacturer, but possibly against the doctor that prescribed it to you and the pharmacist that filled the prescription. Click on the panels to contact a Celebrex lawyer now! Don't let any delays adversely affect your claim. Act now!
For assistance with your Celebrex case, click here to find Celebrex attorneys near you or find attorneys in a different state.